tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Preuss, Jacqueline - ENCOWAY" <Preus...@encoway.de>
Subject Tomcat and SessionHandling
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:37:35 GMT
Hi, I'm new here!

Generally, I'm new in the topic servlets etc. so I hope I can explain my problem well.

In our company we work with some web applications running in Internet Explorer. We want to
use Tomcat as servlet engine / webserver. The problem is the session handling of Tomcat. For
the application the user authenticates with username, password and domain (i.e. windows authentication).
The user can select different items in the application e.g. quotes. Every quote is opened
in a new browser window. If we use Tomcat, all quotes of the user are saved under the same
session, i.e. the session id is always the same. That's a problem for us, because we need
a new session for every single quote. So, is there a possibility to implement our own session
handling for Tomcat. If yes, how? What would you suggest? Can we use a filter for tomcat the
renew or clear the session?

I hope this is the right place to post. Thanks for help.

Regards,

Jacqueline Preuß.