tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review model take 2
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:49:02 GMT
On 9/21/07, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2007, at 3:10 PM, Costin Manolache wrote:
>

> > Let's assume CTR ( lazy consensus - i.e. assume everyone agrees ) - what
> if it
> > turns that the consensus is lacking, not on the technical validity of
> the

Certainly the rest of the community out there in addition to the
> PMC determines a lot of that. In which point, I think the
> majority would rule.

Then I guess we are in agreement :-)

Just propose a polite way to move from the commit for a controversial
change ( i.e. when someone feels strongly it's going to the wrong direction,
even
if technically code is ok ) to the majority and 3+1 process - and we're
done.

As you know - some people are complaining that veto is abused ( and that's
right ),
many Rs turn into flame wars and get personal - so the issue is how to avoid

a technical code discussion for a non-technical or subjective issue.

Costin