tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Make released versions RTC
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:38:46 GMT

On Sep 10, 2007, at 8:00 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> How about:
>>
>>    o CTR on trunk
>>
>>    o Various release branches are made (ala httpd, apr, etc...).
>>      These include a STATUS file.
>>
>>    o All code applied to the release branch is under
>>      lazy consensus but *must* be specified in STATUS.
>>      (eg: "I plan on applying rev786987 in 3 days under
>>      lazy consensus").
>>
>> Not as stringent as RTC, but also provides a good level
>> of oversight with a minimum of overhead... RTC can be
>> maintained for older, stable releases.
>
> Still -1.
>
> It provides no more oversight than RTC

I have no idea how you could possibly justify that statement.
With RTC one *requires* 3 +1 votes. The above does not.

And STATUS is there to indicate what *will* be done, not
what *has* been done.

It's usually a good idea to actually read and understand
posts before automatically disagreeing with them :)