tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Gomez" <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Make released versions RTC
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 17:34:36 GMT
2007/9/6, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org>:
> Henri Gomez wrote:
> > Well what's the consensus on Java projects, like Xerces, Xalan or Lucene ?
> >

> It doesn't mater how other project do things. It's irrelevant.

Well all projects are ASF projects and it's not bad to see what others
do, just to avoid the 'not invented here' syndrom and be in phase with
others ASF majors projects.

If we didn't matter, just propose a vote and basta...

> We had CTR policy till now and it was working.
> Now we have a new situation with different developers POVs,
> and cause of that, this requires a different set of rules.
>
> Do we need it? Yes, if we wish to survive as a project.
> It's pain in the ass, I know, but IMHO it's also the only
> way to get some sense in this chaos.

It's funny to see all the buzz on the Tomcat project history, it's not
the first and probably not the last (i remember the TC33/TC4, or
mod_jk/mod_webapp days).

How life seems simpler in the httpd project, the ASF flagship product :)

Ok, so let's vote

So make use of voting system and