tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: [Tomcat Bayeux and Comet Implementation]
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:03:55 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> Not sure where is the dependency between sorting out the Comet strategy and
> implementing
> any new protocol or any new connector.

you build the bayeux servlet crap on top of the Comet processor, its not
a protocol over TCP, its a protocol over HTTP, but requires the ability
to do async servlet, ie to cut of the dependency between the tomcat
worker thread and the HttpServletResponse

Comet is a core of the Tomcat API, it's tightly integrated into the
connectors
Filip