tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: 6.0.x request processing patch
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 06:25:37 GMT
Hi Filip,

I guess that also fixes the misleading html manager display (request
times going up and up). That would be very nice.

Just a quick shot:

- maybe you can fix Procssing -> Processing everywhere

- will this change the behaviour of the requestProcessingTime as one can
retrieve from the MBeans of the GlobalRequestProcessor or Servlets? I
guess (and hope) no?

- lastRequestProcssingTime: This item is new but apart from the new
setter and getter not used, especially not in the
getRequestProcessingTime fix. If this data is needed, shouldn't we also
expose it via the mbean descriptor? It's nice for a statistic sampling
of response times.

Regards,

Rainer

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> here is the modified patch
>
> Filip
>
> Bill Barker wrote:
>> I would think that using the stage would be more reliable than hacking
>> the
>> startTime, but otherwise, I have no strong opinion either way.

>>> 2. getLastRequestProcessingTime will return the time for the last
>>> request
>>>
>>> Does anyone think the values that are returned should be different?
>>> thoughts?
>>> Filip