tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Back to ASF Basics (Was: Re: Review model take 2)
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 02:08:41 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
>    [X] +1. Yes, the above works and addresses my concerns
>            as well as the problems which started this whole
>            thing.
>    [ ]  0. Whatever.
>    [ ] -1. The above does not work for the following reasons:

With the following caveats:

- There is only one dev branch. I am -1 for creating separate dev
branches for 3.3.x, 4.1.x, 5.0.x and 5.5.x on the grounds it is too much
overhead for branches that are in maintenance mode where 99% of the
patches will be ported from 6.x

- Where a patch for 3, 4 or 5 is required that just doesn't make sense
in the dev branch then the patch is applied using RTC.

- We review this process in 3 months time to see if it is providing the
expected benefits without excessive overheads.

- We improve the "Which version?" web page to make clear which branches
are supported and at what level. I'll start a wiki page as a draft of this.

- The "Get involved" pages are updated to document this process