tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Review model take 2
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:59:46 GMT
It could be a simple as (as opposed to trying to reinvent the apache way)

1. Through out a vote for the 6.0.x/5.5.x/5.0.x/4.1.x branches RTC or CTR
2. We'll all pay more attention to discussing a change prior to SVN
commit whether it is RTC or CTR
   But we don't need a "new process" for this
3. Bring back trunk as CTR, again, following the advice in step 2 (yes,
me included)

And have it all over with. The reason I'm opposing here is that the
tomcat community is trying to (re)invent a new development process.
Trust me, if there was a better way, someone else would have probably
thought of it, it's not like we are the originators and demi gods of
programming.
The reason we are at the ASF, is to piggy back on the ASF ways, as
simple as that.

Filip