tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r575332 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk: java/org/apache/naming/resources/FileDirContext.java webapps/docs/changelog.xml
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:04:36 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> I totally accept that you dont like the policy, but it doesn't justify
> vetos. and that has been one of the core of the issues.
> the one time it would fly for a veto would be when, a) others feel the
> same, b) no one likes the feature

I detailed a number of reason for this veto, which I qualified as quite
lightweight. Unfortunately, there's no appropriate review mechanism, and
as usual, this commit was made (in a branch of which I am the RM)
without prior discussion, etc. I think understanding the overall problem
is quite simple.

I did post a review of the patch - which, in case you read it, seems
acceptable to me, unlike the JSP change -, and Tim responded with good
explanations.

Rémy