tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat and SessionHandling
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:34:51 GMT

Preuss, Jacqueline - ENCOWAY wrote:
> Hi, I'm new here!
>

> Generally, I'm new in the topic servlets etc. so I hope I can explain my problem well.
>

> In our company we work with some web applications running in Internet Explorer. We want
to use Tomcat as servlet engine / webserver. The problem is the session handling of Tomcat.
For the application the user authenticates with username, password and domain (i.e. windows
authentication). The user can select different items in the application e.g. quotes. Every
quote is opened in a new browser window. If we use Tomcat, all quotes of the user are saved
under the same session, i.e. the session id is always the same. That's a problem for us, because
we need a new session for every single quote. So, is there a possibility to implement our
own session handling for Tomcat. If yes, how? What would you suggest? Can we use a filter
for tomcat the renew or clear the session?

> I hope this is the right place to post. Thanks for help.

Nope, sorry.
Try the tomcat-users list.