tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <Apa...@stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat supporting PHP
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:02:21 GMT
Sorry for posting on this old thread, and then even to my own post..

However, in the name of the archives and anyone interested:

> It is GPL, and it is a native Resin feature, and both of those things
> are very sad. But it is a very interesting project, and it is definitly
> open source, though very business unfriendly.

This thing is apparently rather standards compliant, implementing the
javax.scripting API. The PHP part of Resin resides in one single
portable servlet.

Here's a blog entry describing the approx. one-and-a-half easy step to
get "Quercus PHP engine running in GlassFish Java EE 5 Application Server":
   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/ludo/archive/2007/03/100_java_quercu.html

Kind regards,
Endre.