tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Make released versions RTC
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:44:41 GMT
bottom line is that
1. moving trunk to sandbox
2. trying to implement a semi RTC

both do nothing but hurt Tomcat moving forward, and falling further
behind in the servlet container space.

The whole debate that has risen up, is only based on conjured up
supposed breakage of the CTR  model that never happened, and the mailing
archives and SVN prove it.
Anyone with interest and time to do the research, would come to the same
conclusion.

I'm extremely sad and bothered that it's led to this, and that we
haven't addressed the issue for what it really is. But this has happened
in the past, and hopefully we will survive this too.

I've received several personal support emails about the incident, but as
long as people don't speak up in public, it's gonna have to go down in
history as one of those events that in previous history of ASF Tomcat
caused a fork, simply because folks were being cornered and not getting
any leadway to continue development in a forward direction.

Another fork at this time is not an option, this community needs to heal
up, speak up, and focus on forward development, not on trying to
restrict and control everything tighter, it is the *control* factor that
got us here in the first place. Its a community project, it is not for
an individual or for a corporation to try to control the code base!

Filip