tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "xiaojing xu" <proces...@googlemail.com>
Subject JNDIRealm can not support http digest mode
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 02:55:40 GMT
I want to use JNDIRealm in http digest mode. But I found that
JNDIRealm have not overridden the method in RealmBase

 authenticate(String username, String clientDigest,
                                  String nOnce, String nc, String cnonce,
                                  String qop, String realm,
                                  String md5a2)

and this method will invoke abstract method getPassword(String
username) which in JNDIRealm just return null.
Although I can change the getPassword function in JNDIRealm, I still
want to know if tomcat can implement JNDIRealm
in http digest mode without change code