tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move trunk to sandbox
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 04:11:57 GMT

"Remy Maucherat" <> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Due to continuing independent development in trunk by Filip, I am calling
> for a second vote to move it to the sandbox, where Filip could continue
> developing his ideas in a non disruptive way. I think the whole thing has
> been debated pretty extensively in the previous vote.
> Following this, debate should take place to determine if a new main trunk
> is needed, and if commit procedure changes would be good (personally, I do
> like Jean-Frédéric's ideas).
> <ballot>
> [X] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1
> </ballot>

I agree that the competing Comet implementations should have their own
sandbox entries for now, and allow code-Darwanism determine the one for or 7.0 (whichever comes first).  At the moment it is clear that the
current trunk (aka Filip's sandbox) can't be released due to lack of
community support, so there is no reason to call it "trunk".  I'd be infavor
of having a "trunk" that contains the Geronimo injection changes, but as
Remy said that is a separate [VOTE].  (And for the httpd lurkers on the
list, yes, we used to be a Jakarta project, so we are still very vote-happy

> Rémy

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message