tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Bug in B2C converter WAS: svn commit: r568307 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/buf/B2CConverter.java
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 06:06:38 GMT

"Filip Hanik - Dev Lists" <devlists@hanik.com> wrote in message
news:46CD9438.3030106@hanik.com...
> Bill Barker wrote:
>> "Filip Hanik - Dev Lists" <devlists@hanik.com> wrote in message

>>> I've committed the fix to 5.5, if you find a more elegant way of solving
>>> the actual problem, feel free to revert it and commit another fix. I
>>> don't care about the how, as long as there is a fix that will be
>>> included in the tag 5.5.25 on Friday
>>>

>> No problem.  I can see how to do this better, but I'll wait until the
>> weekend to commit (since it's not totally trivial, I don't want a one-day
>> window for regression testing :).  That way 5.5.25 can go out with your
>> patch.  It doesn't include the NIO dependancy (which was my only
>> concern), so it works well enough for me for now.
>>
> according to the KISS principle, your fix would have to be less than 4
> lines changed to be "more elegant" :)

Yes, it is more than 4 lines, but most of them are deletes :).  I've done it
already on my local machine here, in case anybody wants RTC on the 5.5.x
branch (and Filip's test case passes with flying colors :).  I'm pretty much
sure that there are no regressions for 5.5.x+, but I still need to look at
3.3.x,  and 4.1.x.

If anyone is interested, I can post the patch files.  Otherwise, I'll assume
that CTR is still in place, and you can veto it when I commit over the w/e
;).  Of course, if this message was meant as a pre-emptive veto, then I
won't bother.