tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "George MATKOVITS" <matkovi...@msn.com>
Subject Re: POJO Application Server for Tomcat
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:30:56 GMT
Just please post a generic example for  one of your favorite 'Open Source'
Data Base engines! That would be more than enough! Thank you -- George

PS. Many years ago I used to be a committer on Apache but for the last few
years I just watched the various stuff flowing bye! IMHO there is some
bandwidth left for  nice KISS stuff! Frankly EJBs are too complicated for
the average VB programmer and that is why they do not migrate to nice cheap
'universal' Java on Linux! We either do something about it or Java is going
to die! Life ether advances or shrinks to nothing! Your POJO just might do
it for Java! EJB people tend to be a bunch of stuck up Aristocrats! Just
please keep on ignoring them! Did you talk to anyone at Sun? Any application
could be written in POJO if transactionality for Data Base access could be
easily added in!  Even Sun People like to keep on eating! They might even
standardize some of your interfaces.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@kewlstuff.co.za>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <dev@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: POJO Application Server for Tomcat
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:31:31 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "George MATKOVITS" <matkovitsg@msn.com>
To: <dev@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 7:29 AM

>I like its Java Application/Java Class like behavior. Unfortunately it
>seems to miss probably the EJB's most important function: 'Transaction
>Support'. Please describe how to add or point to some documentation.
>Thank you -- George

Thanks George, I will be posting some examples of the way we do it, its a
pure POJO approach, name we do transactions using dB engines, there is no
concept of an entity bean as such in POJO. It amounts to a library that one
uses, as does a database pool.
Listen I'll be happy to answer any questions, but I think for specific
issues on Harbor its better is people just mail me direct, Harbor exists
because of Tomcat, but I dont want to kidnap the Tomcat mailing lists, I
havnt setup a mailing list for harbor yet, but I will.
It kinda cool though huh ;)