tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Len Popp" <>
Subject Re: Juli/Logging
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:36:34 GMT
OK, that's a useful compromise that makes log files easier to deal with.

Suggestion: If the timestamp appeared on the first line of the stack
trace (in addition to the preceding error message line), it would be
easier to search a log file for an exception, say
"OutOfMemoryException", and then locate that line in the file to see
the rest of the info. For example:

2-Aug-2007 9:41:28 PM SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet Test threw exception
2-Aug-2007 9:41:28 PM java.lang.OutOfMemoryError