tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r571578 - in /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache: catalina/CometEvent.java catalina/connector/CometEventImpl.java catalina/connector/Request.java coyote/http11/Http11NioProcessor.java tomcat/util/net/PollerInterest.java
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 02:56:35 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> fhanik@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: fhanik
>> Date: Fri Aug 31 13:59:00 2007
>> New Revision: 571578

>> Log:
>> Move back to original idea, use primitive int instead of enum,
>> extremely inefficient using enums and arrays to hold them.
>
> Good. Two of the biggest gropes I had in this portion of the API and
> impl are now gone (after arguing they were great ideas, and ignoring
> my complaints about them for months :( ).
pardon me, I always wanted the int, you were arguing the enums, so I
compromised. then I realized how bad it was, so I took it out.
> How about adopting my interface ? It's clearly the next step in the
> evolution.
don't like that interface, but a simple vote will resolve the dispute.

> The main problem continues, though: API changes are being made without
> being discussed in any way beforehand. I think this needs to stop, and
> I will restart the vote for moving this branch to the sandbox.
you slandered several people in the last vote thread without really
answering any of their questions, don't see the point of another one
vote, since you bowed out of the real questions in the last one.
The vote should be, and should have always been, about the API.

Filip

> Rémy
>
> PS: The fix for the close problem is horrible, but good job on finding
> the bug.
<sigh>you've already refused to acknowledge this bug a long time ago,
when it was first brought up, wonder what changed your mind</sigh>