tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <Apa...@stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat supporting PHP
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:01:09 GMT
Joe Nathan wrote:
> I am talking about in-built capability that people do NOT need
> to install heaps of cranky-installation software packages!

I just came around to read this old thread, and I am surprised that
no-one seems to know about Quercus from Caucho, the Resin guys:
   http://quercus.caucho.com/

  " Quercus is Caucho Technology's fast, open-source, 100% Java
implementation of the PHP language. "

  " The growing list of PHP software certified running on Quercus
includes DokuWiki, Drupal, Gallery2, Joomla, Mambo, Mantis, MediaWiki,
Phorum, phpBB, phpMyAdmin, PHP-Nuke, Wordpress, and XOOPS. "

Docs for 3.1 (current):
   http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.1/doc/quercus.xtp

It's 4 times faster than PHP!!

http://www.workhabit.org/resin-backed-php-drives-4x-performance-improvements-drupal

It is GPL, and it is a native Resin feature, and both of those things
are very sad. But it is a very interesting project, and it is definitly
open source, though very business unfriendly.

Regards,
Endre.