tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: [poll] mod_jk for i5/OS / V5R4 mini
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:24:05 GMT
My trusted information sources concerning i5/OS (yes, such exist :) )
tell me, that it's quite common out there to not support R3 any more.

On the other hand: if we really get enough benefit from dropping support
during 1.2 now and not for the next major version, is unclear to me.
This mainly is concerning you, because you are the one who maintains
that part.

I think it's obvious, that we should drop the V3 support for anything
beyond 1.2.x, I'm not so sure about dropping it near the end of 1.2.x.

Maybe we can let all those defines for 1.2.x in there, but include docs
information, that we don't test any longer against V3 (use on your own
risk) and only fully support V4.

Henri Gomez wrote:
> Hi to all,
> We want to clean up a little the mod_jk code defines specific to
> i5/OS, and plan to make V5R4 OS as a minimum requirement.
> Since all i5 systems are now in V5R4 I couldn't test or build for V5R3
> and previous release.
> Did there is i5/OS users with V5R3 and previous release ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message