tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Send trunk to the sandbox
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:10:08 GMT
I've been giving this a lot of thought, and I've come to the conclusion
that this is not a valid vote.
There is no technical justification for throwing away trunk, nor was
there a justification in Remy's veto.

I'm happy to pull out whatever Remy is vetoing, when I know exactly what
is being vetoed.
I proposed in private@tomcat that we should vote on the Comet impl, and
put that in trunk.
I two or three times asked for a technical justification for this vote,
but one was never given.

In order to not give up the ASF ways, I believe we should be focused on
technical issues, this vote was thrown out there to end an argument, and
that is not a technical justification.
Kudos to Bill for wanting to get to a resolution, but this can't be it.

I'm aware that this will probably cause more heat in an already heated
debate.

Filip