tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Rolling 5.5.25?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:19:09 GMT
Hi Filip,

although it would be OK to tag 5.5.25 today, Peter and I still have two
open bugs we are discussing.

One of them is simpler to fix, namely a better multicast restart in the
5.5 cluster, once the heartbeat got broken

The other one is harder to fix without negative implications, which is a
problem inside the ApplicationDispatcher, discussed previously: an
exception during request handling could prevent a recycle method from
being executed, which in turn leads to endAccess() not being called. The
problem has two incarnations:

- users using the older session access counter via
STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE get the problem, that the session will not
expire, because the counter accessCount doesn't get decremented
- in a cluster cross context situation the method
registerSessionAtReplicationValve() doesn't get called.

If it's not critical for you to tag today, I see a good chance, that we
will have fixed the membership problem next friday, and concerning the
ApplicationDispatcher we will either have a good solution or a reason to
tag without one.

What's you opinion? Others out there?

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> ok, I will schedule the 5.5.25 tag next Friday, 1pm (13.00) Mountain
> Time (GMT-7).
> Filip
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Yes, I would test and vote this time.
>> Concerning the timing: we could allow some pending changes for a week
>> or so, before proceeding to tag.
>> Filip, thanks for RM :)
>> Rainer
>> Yoav Shapira wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>> I think it's worth doing, for the security fixes alone.
>>> Yoav

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message