tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject status of trunk
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 21:02:24 GMT
what is the plan for trunk? the reason I started the 6.x feature list
was to get some development going for the next version of Tomcat.
Remy was the one who initiated trunk and suggested future development to
go in there.

Is there anything but the disagreement around the CometEvent interface
holding this back?
There are already several enhancements in trunk that are not in 6.0, not
comet related, but if we are not moving trunk forward, then its time to
merge the branches back to 6.0.x

personally I would prefer
1. resolve the issue around the CometEvent interface, (it was resolved
when Remy pulled back his proposal, but from what I understand, its
coming back)
2. continue future development in trunk

thoughts...
Filip