tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <>
Subject Re: 6.x feature wishlist
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:00:50 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> Santosh [ಸಂತೋಷ ] wrote:
>> If any help required in these, please let me know. I am ready to
>> contribute.
>> On 8/7/07, Santosh [ಸಂತೋಷ ] <> wrote:
>>> 1. Few more properties in "" to LogHandler other than
>>> directory, prefix, suffix, level, filter, formatter. Like,
>>>       prefix for level, suffix for level, level display (For Ex :
>>> Instead
>>> of INFO, it must be possible to display "I"), timestamp display format
>>> Example.
>>> levelprefix = [
>>> levelsuffix = ]
>>> leveldisplay = INFO:I, ERROR:E
>>> timestamp = dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm:ss
>>> This will help to reduce the log file size.
>>> 2. Admin webapp since its not ported on tomcat 6.
> If you want to make this one work, I would start from scratch.
> There is no reason why the admin tool, whose only goal is to modify
> server.xml has to interact or introspect a running tomcat instance.
> Instead, what would be nice, is if the configuration reference
> contained enough information and in an appropriate format that the admin
> tool would introspect that XML and use the info as a base for the
> admin tool.
> since the configuration reference documentation could contain data
> type, valid values, name and description, it would be the ideal data
> source to fetch info for.
> just a thought, however, the existing admin app, suffers from the
> chicken or the egg problem, I need a running tomcat to configure a
> tomcat :)
> Filip
the point of the above would be, that if I added a new attribute to say
the StandardContext object, and I documented it, it would automatically
get picked up by the admin tool, as the admin tool uses the
documentation as source for configuration options.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message