tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Juli/Logging
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 17:17:00 GMT
Hi Costin (and Remy),

I had a quick look at the JdkLoggerFormatter (found in an old revision
of the sandbox, it's not there any more):

this formatter uses a *very* compact format. E.g. the timestamp is just
the milliseconds and the log level is abbreviated with a single
character. Although technically very useful, I doubt that most admins
will like it at first sight, so it might not be a good default
replacement for the JDK simple formatter. Still searching ...

Regards,

Rainer