tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Liang, Chong" <David.Li...@compuware.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat6 and JVMTI Interface provided by SUN for Java profiler.
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:13:37 GMT
Can anyone tell me where I should raise this question if no answer can be provided here?? Thanks
in advance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Liang, Chong [mailto:David.Liang@compuware.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 10:42 AM
To: dev@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat6 and JVMTI Interface provided by SUN for Java profiler.

Hi there,
I am working on a Java profiler using JVMTI interface provided by JDK 5 and above. I always
get abnormal termination of tomcat 6 as service when stopping it. I ran through DevStudio
debugger and found the callback of jvmtiEventVMDeath in JVMTI is never activated when shutting
down tomcat 6 and an unhandled exception is caught. It doesn't happen on tomcat 5.5 as service
and also it works fine with tomcat 6 as commandline. I have asked this question to tomcat-user
list but no response.Is there something about shutting down the server different between 6
and 5.5 to make this happen?
Thanks,
Chong