tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Liang, Chong" <David.Li...@compuware.com>
Subject Tomcat6 and JVMTI Interface provided by SUN for Java profiler.
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:42:27 GMT
Hi there,
I am working on a Java profiler using JVMTI interface provided by JDK 5 and above. I always
get abnormal termination of tomcat 6 as service when stopping it. I ran through DevStudio
debugger and found the callback of jvmtiEventVMDeath in JVMTI is never activated when shutting
down tomcat 6 and an unhandled exception is caught. It doesn't happen on tomcat 5.5 as service
and also it works fine with tomcat 6 as commandline. I have asked this question to tomcat-user
list but no response.Is there something about shutting down the server different between 6
and 5.5 to make this happen?
Thanks,
Chong