tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: POJO Application Server for Tomcat
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 06:00:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yoav Shapira" <yoavs@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <dev@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: POJO Application Server for Tomcat

> Hey,
> This thread is interesting stuff.  I don't see myself using it, but
> it's cool to see your level of effort and the results.  Are you
> actually using it for a production system?  Is anyone else?

Harbor is really something we did for ourselves, for internal use. Packaging
it and putting it out there is only 1 week old.... its brand new, and the
site does say "use with caution".
The momentum for this is actually coming from friends. When they saw us
popping applications out of browsers just using Tomcat, they got more
excited than we did.
Dont think I've worked so hard in my life... spending hours showing people
how to ban their supercan, which now seems to be the name for the informal
course.
So thats why we doing this, packaging it, giving it a site, mailing list
etc... tired of visitors :)

The 1 day old Mailing list can be found at
http://coolharbor.100free.com/mailing_list.htm
I'm also trying to get samples of things like mailing and dB pools up on to
the site.... please be patient, its coming.... and its got a mailing list
now so we dont have to bug the Tomcat guys anymore.... I thank Apache again.