tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From George Sexton <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat supporting PHP
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:12:04 GMT
PHP is an interpreter, but there is a large library of functions written
in Native code that would have to be supported.

It's not just writing a byte-code compiler that would convert the PHP to
java code, or even a parser that would re-write a PHP page into JSP.
It's creating the massively large library of functions.

--
George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.