tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From George Sexton <>
Subject Re: Tomcat supporting PHP
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:12:04 GMT
PHP is an interpreter, but there is a large library of functions written
in Native code that would have to be supported.

It's not just writing a byte-code compiler that would convert the PHP to
java code, or even a parser that would re-write a PHP page into JSP.
It's creating the massively large library of functions.

Joe Nathan wrote:
> PHP is based on interpreter. Instead, pre-compiler as in JSP can
> improve performance of PHP significantly. Then there will be lots of
> people switching to Tomcat!!!!
> regards.
> pankaj narang wrote:
>> Hello
>>   I am listening everything silently here but  I think Joe  is correct

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: +1 303 438 9585

To unsubscribe, e-mail: