tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Lilianne E. Blaze" <lilianne_bl...@tlen.pl>
Subject Re: Tomcat supporting PHP
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:32:49 GMT
Joe Nathan wrote:
> Mladen Turk-3 wrote:
>
>> Why would someone wish to do that at the first place.
>>

> You should realize that PHP world is lot bigger than Java world!
> Having both will have many merits.

So is non-programmer world than programmer world. So is Mensa world
than non-Mensa world. Last time I checked, it was quality, non quantity,
and when it comes to quality, php is about 10 years, if not more, behind
Java. A bridge to php would be a nice thing to have, yes, but a native
php implementation in Java would be just a huge waste of effort.

In my opinion it would be pretty much enough to improve what
documentation exists (for example http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/UsingPhp
) and include it on http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/index.html .
Anything beyond that, honestly, is just pointless.

Greetings, Lilianne E. Blaze