tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Darwin <>
Subject Re: Removing the examples (JSP/servlet) in TC Binaries
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 17:07:32 GMT

> It's nice if *someone* provides good reference examples; consider the mess
> in PHP development-by-example that's left the web in a half-usable state.

Good reference examples? Do you want to encourage people to code
getRequestDispatcher.forward() by hand? Or do you want them using one of
the "real world" higher-level frameworks? Then the question is: which one?

Struts2 would be one obvious example (eating Apache dog food), but the
trend leaders seem to be to Spring (ASL2) and Seam (GPL). I haven't
checked download stats, that's just an educated guess.

Not wishing to debate the benefits of which framework on this list, but
you mentioned "good reference examples"!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message