tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <>
Subject Tomcat Bayeux
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 15:41:26 GMT
yo all,
I've started a Bayeux implementation for Tomcat in sandbox.
There were some interested in helping out, feel free to dig in. I'm
building this one against the trunk Comet API.

steps to get started
1. svn co
2. cd bayeux/build
3. ant download

creates a directory called "dependencies" under the root directory, only
two libraries are used at this time.
a) The Bayeux API, currently hosted with Jetty until we find a common home
b) StringTree JSON parser, a tiny library for JSON parsing

a) Extend StringTree JSON Parser
   Currently the JSON parser works against strings,
   this means that our Bayeux servlet would need to keep track and
separate out JSON requests,
   hence the parsing would be done twice.
   I'm planning on extending this parser to support InputStream for
reading and OutputStream for writing
   this way, we can plug it directly into the API, and only parse once

b) BayeuxServlet
   implements CometProcessor
   This is the servlet that will handle the Comet events and dispatch
them accordingly with
   the Bayeux stuff.

Pretty straight forward, the latest document on Bayeux can be found at:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message