tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposed simplification of CometEvent
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 18:12:55 GMT
Ok, so let me double check: the low level socket in sandbox is allways read
after a poll() / select(),
and never with a blocking read() ?

After the poll(): the Comet servlet, in a tomcat thread will be able to call
read() in the input
stream, and that will return data or 0 if no more data is available ( or -
call isReadable() and then read(),
or whatever else - but the socket will not be put in blocking mode ) ?

If this is true for sandbox - big +1.

Costin