tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Serious non-native AJP connector issue
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:09:59 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> It seems that we lost building the NIO/AJP connector in Tomcat, but since i
> recognize you from dev@httpd, you will have seen that already :).  Last time
> I tested, the experimental NIO/AJP connector performed better than either
> the default or the APR connector on Solaris (surprise, surprise), and came
> in dead last on Windows.

Thanks for all the helpful information, Bill.

I wonder if the results of for the NIO/AJP connector would be any
different on Windows with a later JVM (e.g. Java 6 Update 1).  I would
*hope* that Sun would fix the NIO issues on Windows to the point that it
would out-perform Java-Blocking-IO/AJP.

--
Jess Holle