tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Bayeux implementation
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:15:58 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>> yo,
>> I was gonna create a Bayeux implementation for Tomcat,
>> I am thinking it might be good for us to work with the Jetty and
>> Glassfish folks to use the same org.dojox interfaces.
>
> I don't like dependencies ;) I am not interested in working with these
> two projects, which had relationships with Tomcat in the past, but
> chose to end them.
not working with the projects is your personal prerogative, the rest of
the community might not be against it. I am not and one more post
thought it was a good idea.
I think the relationships especially around bayeux can be very
beneficial for all of us, as we can be part of it dictating the
direction of it instead of just having to respond to it due to user demand.
I'd like to know if anyone else is strongly against it, since I don't
think past events should dictate if we join this initiative or not.
>> Question: Where should I do this, sandbox or trunk?
>
> Sandbox, I think.
Sandbox it is.

>> Why Bayeux? Cause there is a good client support through the Dojo
>> toolkit.
>
> I was wondering if it was a standard, so I guess client support is a
> benefit. However, the spec itself looks bad at the moment (unless I
> missed something).
If the spec is bad, then its another reason for us to join in, but the
fact that there is a client support, speaks for itself.
Comet is very popular but the skillset to create a client that works in
a browser is hard to find. This was very much the feedback we got during
Apachecon EU in Amsterdam.

Whether we use it or not, we can decide on later. In the meantime I'll
touch base with the folks and get the ball rolling.

Filip