tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r544137 - /tomcat/connectors/trunk/jk/native/common/jk_uri_worker_map.c
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 06:02:18 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:

> Single ajp13 worker
>
> jkMount  /jsp-examples/* worker1
>
> A simple 'hello world' html file was created at (directories created
> where required):
> <appBase>/jsp-examples/%2e%2e/servlets-examples/index.html
>
> Test 1: Tomcat only
> http://localhost:8080/jsp-examples/%252e%252e/servlets-examples/index.html
> This correctly showed the index.html I created above.

But this is oxymoron. You wish to serve the content from
servlets-examples with only jsp-examples mounted.
This is also the exact reason of CVE-2007-1860.

> My expectation is that:
> A) A request for
> http://host:port/jsp-examples/%252e%225e/servlets-examples/index.html
> returns the correct file for Tomcat standalone and httpd + mod_jk + Tomcat

Use 'JkMount /* worker1' if you need something like that.

The entire point of the story is that if you have *only*
JkMount  /jsp-examples/* then *only* that Context is allowed to be served.
Even hitting the Tomcat (that happens with < 1.2.24) is a security break.

Regards,
Mladen.