tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: please publish a snapshot
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:06:36 GMT
My goal is to get the new InstanceManager code that was recently
committed to trunk into the geronimo 2.0 testbed.  Picking up a
snapshot of trunk seems like the most straightforward way to do
this.  At the same time I realize that trunk has been very active
lately, and that there is some parallel work going on in sandbox.  So
instead of picking up a snapshot I could apply the InstanceManager
patch to a private copy of 6.0.13.  I would also need to apply my
patch that Fabien committed for jaxrpc (rev 540457), and maybe the EL
and JSP api signature patch you just applied.  But as you might guess
I'm not a big fan of maintaining a private copy of tomcat and want to
stay in synch with you as much as possible, even if it means using a
less stable code base for the short term.   The only other
alternative I can think of would be to ask you to apply the
InstanceManager patch to the 6.0.x branch, but that seems unwise...
in good conscience I don't even think I could make that request.

I sincerely appreciate the support and attention that you, Remy, and
the rest of the team have provided.  How do you suggest I should
proceed?

Best wishes,
Paul