tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New branch ?
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 12:27:29 GMT
Hi,

On 5/17/07, Remy Maucherat <remm@apache.org> wrote:
> Because of the amount of proposed API changes, it could be a good idea
> to start a new 6.x branch (with a short release cycle). Or is it
> acceptable to do these in 6.0.x ?

Like Filip and Mladen, I would prefer a new branch.  It's pretty
reasonable to except more 6.0 releases for bugs and other small
enhancements.

What we call the branch doesn't really matter.  I wouldn't even call
it 6.1 or 6.x right now, maybe something like TOMCAT_ANNOTATIONS_COMET
or similar.  Version numbers just get in the way until we actually
decide on a release candidate.  Then we can call it 6.1 or whatever.

Yoav