tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Gomez" <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat JK 1.2.23 Web Server Connector released
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 08:54:02 GMT
The iSeries (i5/OS) version need stuff added after 1.22 so it will be
available in 1.24...

2007/5/20, Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org>:
> Hi all,
> > The Apache Tomcat team is pleased to announce the immediate availability
> > of version 1.2.23 of the Apache Tomcat Connectors.
> somehow I've a problem with our distribution directories......
> currently I see:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/aix/
>   empty folder
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/freebsd/
>   empty folder
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/iseries/
>   empty folder
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/linux/
>   jk-1.2.21
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/macosx/
>   empty folder
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/netware/
>   jk-1.2.23
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/solaris/
>   jk-1.2.21
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32/
>   jk-1.2.21
>   jk-1.2.22
>   jk-1.2.23
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win64/
>   jk-1.2.23
>
> this makes me ask a couple of questions:
> 1) why do some folders list older versions while others do not?
> 2) why do we have a history of the last 3 versions with Win32 but no history for any
other platform?
> 3) where do the older versions go?
> 4) why do we prefix the directories with 'jk-' although 'jk' is already in the path?
>
> For NetWare I would like to have at least the 1.2.15 release up again since that was
last version where I supported Apache 1.3.x and Netscape - I point to this version in the
README but obviously nobody can download anymore (except from my personal homedir). Sure its
no problem for me just copy this over, but first I wanted to discuss that here, and ask if
I probably missed that there's somewhere an archive from where older versions can be downloaded...
> Then I would like to have at least the last three versions always up, + the last version
we have for any platforms where we cant build self, or where the maintainer is currently busy
and some versions behind.
> This makes also sense in case it turns out later that we broke something with a release,
and users may have to switch back.