tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r541337 - in /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/connector: CometEventImpl.java CoyoteAdapter.java
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 09:32:00 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> fhanik@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: fhanik
>> Date: Thu May 24 08:47:29 2007
>> New Revision: 541337

>> Log:
>> Add in support to check if the current thread is a Tomcat 'worker'
>> thread or not, that way we can decide if the invokations are
>> appropriate or not
>
> I dislike this sort checks (mostly because of the ugly mechanics that
> goes along, obviously). I don't really see the point either.
I know you do, however, it's not expensive, it's not a lot of code, and
it will avoid a lot of bugs and questions on the user list.
Servlet programmers aren't really familiar with connection/poller
mechanics, and we can't expect them to be either.
so what we need to do is that the API is so straight forward and throws
the correct exceptions if they invoke methods that would interfere with
the underlying connection asynchronously.

Filip