tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From George Sexton <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject Security Policy Error
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 19:31:27 GMT
I'm running Tomcat 5.5.23 under a security manager, and I'm hitting this
error on a call to HttpServletRequest.getAttributeNames()

I'm only starting to understand security policies, so I would appreciate
some insights on what the best way to approach this issue is.

If it's a genuine bug, let me know and I'll open a ticket on bugzilla.

Servlet.service() for servlet ErrorServlet threw exception
 java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.org.apache.catalina.core)
	at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:264)
	at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:427)
	at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
	at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPackageAccess(SecurityManager.java:1512)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationHttpRequest.getAttributeNames(ApplicationHttpRequest.java:243)

--
George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.