tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat JK 1.2.23 Web Server Connector released
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 06:34:15 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> 3) where do the older versions go?

Trivial answer; http://archive.apache.org/dist/ is a complete historical
record of http://www.apache.org/dist/ - all automated.  So delete stale
flavors at will.

Rainer Jung wrote:

> I had no permissions to delete them, I'll write to the owners directly
> to remove them.

You can often find someone with root perms hanging out on #asfinfra on
irc.freenode.net, or can email infrastructure@a.o to ask for perms to be
reset to 664 as they were -supposed- to be in the first place.

Do email the owners to beg them to fix their umask.  I recommend that
instead of your .profile/.bash_profile, you fix them in your .bashrc and
.cshrc files, so that scp picks them up by default when depositing files
via scp.  umask 002  is all you are looking for to ensure 664 ownership.

Bill