tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: Proposed new CometEvent.notify method
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 11:03:26 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> No, I don't agree with reading bytes in the lower layer as it would
> swallow problems even more than doing it in the adapter without any
> additional benefit (BTW, read cannot return 0). There's also a likely
> problem that it would require additional structures to hold that data,
> and which are present in the adapter.

Speaking of swallowing problems due to reading, you wrote this on the
user list:

On 5/4/07, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <> wrote:
 > This is because when an event happens, CoyoteAdapter will now check the
 > channel by doing a read(in order for available to work). This will close
 > the underlying connection, and you'll get this error.

CoyoteAdapter reads and generates the appropriate event according to the
read result (previously, it generated a read event without doing a
read). There's no close being done in CoyoteAdapter (except if there's
an exception, in which case everything is recycled, but it doesn't seem
to be the siutation you describe).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message