tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Proposed new CometEvent.notify method
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 15:57:18 GMT
Hi,

To more conveniently support some use cases, a new notify method could
be added to the event. This would do an action callback and call a new
method in the Poller class would add the socket to a structure like the
socket add list. The comet poller thread will then check if there are
sockets in that list, and call an event (as for the event type, it could
be a regular timeout - it's very similar - or a new type which will
behave the same as timeout - which would be significantly harder since
modifications will have to be made to accommodate the new event type).

I know how to make this fairly easily with the APR connector, and I'm
not so sure about the NIO one (most likely it's very similar, however).
The main thing which is annoying to implement is if the fact that there
will not be any other concurrent event occurring has to be enforced and
there are multiple pollers (I think the socket has to be removed "just
in case" from each poller, which is quite annoying).

Comments ?

Rémy