tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William L. Thomson Jr." <wl...@gentoo.org>
Subject Re: Versioning in sources
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 17:57:55 GMT
On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 19:46 +0200, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> aah, that makes sense.
>
> Remember that the release manager is carrying his/her own
> build.properties, and if you build from source, you should too.
> in there you override any properties needed. That is why all binary
> builds are correct, but your build isn't.

Sure, and I can sed this in the build process, but prefer to not modify
upstreams stuff as much as possible.

> what you are asking for is that we update build.properties.default
> before tagging a release, correct?

Yes, please. So that if one downloads versioned sources, and just builds
it by invoking ant with all defaults. The resulting build version will
match the sources it was built from.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java