tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William L. Thomson Jr." <wl...@gentoo.org>
Subject Versioning in sources
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 16:11:53 GMT
I could have swarn this was brought up recently but could not find
mention of it in archives. Guess I should file a bug on it, but it's
kinda a moot issue.

It seems the sources for 6.0.x have not really been versioned. I have
noticed it myself on occasion, but never cared enough to comment or etc.
A user commented recently, which motivated me to act :)

Anyway 6.0.x stuff is all 6.0.0-snapshot. Or something like that.
Looking at latest 5.5.23 sources, they are versioned as 5.5.20 :(

Now I can totally sed this stuff on compile/install/merge but would be
nice if it could be addressed upstream. I am sure others downloading
sources would prefer the default to match the version of the sources :)

Minor issue, but kinda annoying just the same. Thanks much, and let me
know if you would prefer I file a bug.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java