tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Is there a tomcat/jasper test suite?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 07:45:06 GMT

On Apr 3, 2007, at 7:19 PM, Yoav Shapira wrote:

> Hi,
> On 4/3/07, David Jencks <> wrote:
>> Following Remy's suggestion I implemented web.xml overrides of
>> annotations but although the result compiles I have no very good way
>> to determine if it works.  I looked around a bit but didn't see any
>> unit tests or integration testsuite.  What am I missing?  Right now I
>> can really only test the geronimo javaee integration with the javaee
>> tck, but that doesn't use the code in question.  If the standalone
>> tck is the normal test method, is there some way I could get access
>> to it?
> If you run "ant tester" on the main Tomcat build.xml, that will run
> the internal test suite.  It covers many, but not all, of the same
> tests as the TCK.

I appreciate the info but I'm having some trouble following these

$ grep https .svn/entries

$ ant tester
Buildfile: build.xml

Target `tester' does not exist in this project.

Total time: 0 seconds

$ ant -p
Buildfile: build.xml

Main targets:

download  Builds and download dependent components
Default target: deploy

In addition I don't see any targets in build.xml that look like they
run any tests, and with the exception of a few tribes tests I haven't
found anything that looks like a junit test in the source tree.

Did I check out the wrong source or run the build from the wrong place?

david jencks

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message