tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach>
Subject Re: svn commit: r531475 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk: java/org/apache/catalina/valves/ java/org/apache/catalina/valves/mbeans-descriptors.xml webapps/docs/changelog.xml
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:59:44 GMT
You are right, but normally the apache produce the access logging.
Sometimes I need a more application centric
monitoring log at tomcat side.  The admin don't want to restart the
tomcat instance to this configuration change. OK, with JMX we can add
and drop a complete AccessLogValve at runtime :-) But some people
don't like those component creations at a running server :-)
With the new enabled flag the logging activation was really easy and
configuration don't change. Admin can do it with a jmxproxy request
at manager app or jconsole.