tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Gomez" <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r530674 - in /tomcat/connectors/trunk/jk: native/apache-2.0/ native/common/ xdocs/webserver_howto/
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:44:23 GMT
2007/4/20, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org>:
> hgomez@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: hgomez
> >
> > -#ifdef AS400
> > +#if defined(AS400) && !defined(AS400_UTF8)
>
> So, seems that UTF8 is now default for AS400

On i5/OS V5R4 (not on previous release)

> I wonder why are you maintain AS400 since you said
> it doesn't work anyhow.

Because I need jk to works. Situation. jk 1.2.19 works on V5R3. On
V5R4 no jk works and we need jk on i5/OS for some weeks until we
switch Apache 2.x to a Linux box

> Also, UTF8 in mod_jk does not exist. All we have
> is < 127, so there is no need to conversion (now).
>
> BTW, did you try simply to remove all EBCDIC translations?

I did, and I'm now puzzled by cute UTF support.

APR and Apache functions expect/return UTF (well ASCII), but native
functions, like inet_addr() seems to expect .... EBCDIC ;(

I'm still looking for support from IBM Labs since I wonder what
modification they do on other 'supported' Apache 2 modules, like
mod_proxy. It could be very usefull to us but the information is
hidden somewhere inside the Labs and it's very hard to get support
from them.

So my question will be :

- If we couldn't get support for i5/OS (AS400) from IBM labs, should
we stop support i5/OS in JK ? If so why not remove all i5/OS support
code from the code to avoid ofuscate the sources with #ifdef for an
operating system where ASFpeople can't get informations to continue
port and adaptation ?

Regards