tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Gomez" <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: snprintf/vsnprintf in mod_jk
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:52:58 GMT
Well the latest mod_jk working on i5/OS v5R3 was 1.2.19. 1.2.20,
1.2.21 and 1.2.22 didn't works and you could see on the dev list the
various problems encoutered.

With i5/OS v5R4, the module are no more in EBCDIC land but UTF and as
such need a serious code review.

I just asked one IBM representative in Rochester Labs if they could
help us (ASF) in such area. The future of mod_jk on i5/OS depends on
the answer, since it will be very difficult and time consuming to have
a functionnal mod_jk without help from the Labs.

Stay tuned

2007/4/16, Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org>:
> Hi Henri,
> >> anybody out there who can test this with AS400?
>
> > I could test on AS400 but mod_jk didn't works on AS400, seems to me a
> > thread/log problem and I can't figure it where
> I've just put the stuff into SVN, perhaps you can check it that builds at least;
> if you see linkage errors then you might have to add ap_spnprintf.c somwhere to the buid
process...

> does mod_jk 1.2.15 work on AS400? I see currently with this 1.2.23-dev a memory leak
of 8280 bytes;
> with 1.2.15 I dont see this; but I've not further tracked down yet where this might be
- however its _not_ from the HUGE_BUFFER_SIZE buffer; I did a quick test with this buffer
doubled in size, but the leak kept same...